3 Feb 2012

The less is better?

Sometimes I feel tired of the endlesness of the world around. I was born and live in one of the largest capitals, our country is the largest state in the world, we have long and very tangled history (not the longest for God's sake!), etc. And then I read about Bhutan...

We say here in Russia: "where was born there and useful" And I'm sure of it. But I'm dyeing to experience what is it - to live in a small country! And there is absolutely different atmosphere there, in the mountains high. I'm watching the pictures, studying the cultural and lifestyle aspects, trying to use my imagination... What could it be?

Alas, I couldn't be happy then. Sure, I'd try to escape into the large world, somewhere else, Russia may be. BUT! I'd have my small, local nest then. With carved wooden shutters, painted with bright colors. With the most precious views outside... I don't have such a nest here. And I could hardly find some place here to build it for my children. For too spacious land, too many people, too many changes. That's why I'm reading about Bhutan...

 

No comments:

Post a Comment